Text Size

The Watering Hole

Game population and status?

A mixing of minds and discussion of ideas between heroes of Montel.

Game population and status?

Postby fallenphoenix » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:31 am

New player here. Love the game itself so far. Have seen however that the game looks mostly deserted right now. The top level character I have is level 16 so far, and I've seen only two other human beings in the game. Ever.

Second question: is this game still considered "beta"? I see lots of references to "open beta" but that apparently began back in August if memory serves, which is pretty long for an open beta since it's now November.
fallenphoenix

Re: Game population and status?

Postby Vartonis » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:17 am

Sadly most of the original players have realized how much of a Ponzi scheme this game has turned out to be. It would make Bernard Madoff proud. So your cruzing along leveling pretty easily, not having to put any money in until you hit the lvl 40 wall and realize that any type of upgrade costs black gold. From armor, carriers, gems, and energy chip. Then you realize that there is no way to make black gold in game other than time vials since the in game markets crashed when they went pay2play. Well to purchase time vials you need to buy vouchers which cost real money. So to play competitively you end up having to throw a bunch of money at the game.

Now mind you that might have not been so bad for the people with endless money to spend but then the game staff took it even further by lavishing one faction over the other with special rewards. So now the state of the game is one faction being coddled into power while the others forced to scrape by with the few stubborn holdouts that got nothing better to play while waiting on closed betas to start.

So now those of us that have been stubbornly watching this train wreck about to happen are just waiting for the, "1.The promoter vanishes, taking all the remaining investment money"
Playing SWTOR, where pvp doesn't consist of getting one shotted!
Vartonis

Postby xXxSoban69xXx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Actually, to play competitively you just need to pick an overpowered class and multibox.
xXxSoban69xXx

Postby Crazie » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:08 pm

Vartonis wrote:Sadly most of the original players have realized how much of a Ponzi scheme this game has turned out to be. It would make Bernard Madoff proud. So your cruzing along leveling pretty easily, not having to put any money in until you hit the lvl 40 wall and realize that any type of upgrade costs black gold. From armor, carriers, gems, and energy chip. Then you realize that there is no way to make black gold in game other than time vials since the in game markets crashed when they went pay2play. Well to purchase time vials you need to buy vouchers which cost real money. So to play competitively you end up having to throw a bunch of money at the game.

Now mind you that might have not been so bad for the people with endless money to spend but then the game staff took it even further by lavishing one faction over the other with special rewards. So now the state of the game is one faction being coddled into power while the others forced to scrape by with the few stubborn holdouts that got nothing better to play while waiting on closed betas to start.

So now those of us that have been stubbornly watching this train wreck about to happen are just waiting for the, "1.The promoter vanishes, taking all the remaining investment money"

If you're referring to the Bless The Nature event to promote more erlandir players then that's pretty silly. The useful reward (gem, t0 set) is all bound.
Also, take a good look at the number of players at AW from erlandir side. The number upped to ~40ish (as of latest AW) and never went beyond. The isen in Lokemea alone can surpass that number prior to the merge. In fact, even just about a month ago (that's after the bless the nature event) the isen faction can still match that number.
Whatever the reason that makes the isen faction so inactive as of late is something that KoS and Legends should know better than any of us.

@OP:
#1: The active population of the game is mainly in the lv40+ so you won't see them in lower level area too often.
#2: This game is officially still in beta. A lot of mmo that are live for years never went pass "open beta" so it's not too surprising.
Crazie

Postby 6421096 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:49 am

Crazie wrote:
Vartonis wrote:Sadly most of the original players have realized how much of a Ponzi scheme this game has turned out to be. It would make Bernard Madoff proud. So your cruzing along leveling pretty easily, not having to put any money in until you hit the lvl 40 wall and realize that any type of upgrade costs black gold. From armor, carriers, gems, and energy chip. Then you realize that there is no way to make black gold in game other than time vials since the in game markets crashed when they went pay2play. Well to purchase time vials you need to buy vouchers which cost real money. So to play competitively you end up having to throw a bunch of money at the game.

If you're referring to the Bless The Nature event to promote more erlandir players then that's pretty silly. The useful reward (gem, t0 set) is all bound.
Also, take a good look at the number of players at AW from erlandir side. The number upped to ~40ish (as of latest AW) and never went beyond. The isen in Lokemea alone can surpass that number prior to the merge. In fact, even just about a month ago (that's after the bless the nature event) the isen faction can still match that number.
Whatever the reason that makes the isen faction so inactive as of late is something that KoS and Legends should know better than any of us.

@OP:
#1: The active population of the game is mainly in the lv40+ so you won't see them in lower level area too often.
#2: This game is officially still in beta. A lot of mmo that are live for years never went pass "open beta" so it's not too surprising.

Well to be frank most part you r right. But the fact is we do know that the gems are bound but not the fine fragment templates. But still you cant denied the fact that the fine templates do really helps alot in terms of that people getting geared up. With the gems everything. And you r right that the beginning of the merge population in isen still strong. If i can remember correctly the highest population it can go after merge, is 50+(isen) vs 40+(erlin). But after almost 1months plus, 50% or more of the population gone due to

1) unfairness of treatment(population)
2) people getting 1 shot
3) everything doing with blackgold is just too expensive.
4) Slow in fixing the bugs

These have to be the fact that leads to people quitting and given up. Thats why i believe when a new game started, every event, every detail, every bug have to be clearly stated n explained. For bugs have to be fixed fast even to the extend of downing the server. This is to show the players that the company or dev how dedicated are they towards this game.

Postby xXxSoban69xXx » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:58 am

It's because KoS got the competition they thought they wanted.
xXxSoban69xXx

Postby xXxSoban69xXx » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:07 am

By the way, this game is the least P2W it's ever been, which honestly is probably part of the reason so many Isen quit. When majority of people were sub 20k MS and KoS was 28k the only people who were even relevant were heavy P2Wers on both sides. Now we have 100% F2P players in our guild in T3. I've still spent less than $40(which at $15 a month is cheaper than playing P2P) on this game and I'm top 10 MS, but to be fair I did "inherit" a shitload of vouchers.
xXxSoban69xXx

Postby xXxSoban69xXx » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:31 am

My highest MS alt was made long before the event.
xXxSoban69xXx

Postby Crazie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:30 am

6421096 wrote:Well to be frank most part you r right. But the fact is we do know that the gems are bound but not the fine fragment templates. But still you cant denied the fact that the fine templates do really helps alot in terms of that people getting geared up. With the gems everything. And you r right that the beginning of the merge population in isen still strong. If i can remember correctly the highest population it can go after merge, is 50+(isen) vs 40+(erlin). But after almost 1months plus, 50% or more of the population gone due to

1) unfairness of treatment(population)
2) people getting 1 shot
3) everything doing with blackgold is just too expensive.
4) Slow in fixing the bugs

These have to be the fact that leads to people quitting and given up. Thats why i believe when a new game started, every event, every detail, every bug have to be clearly stated n explained. For bugs have to be fixed fast even to the extend of downing the server. This is to show the players that the company or dev how dedicated are they towards this game.

I knew someone would brought up the fine fragment argument. But it's not hard to bring the fine fragment from erlandir char to isenhorst char, so I fail to see the "unfairness" reasoning there. If there is some other unfairness treatment that you have then do bring it up, but I stand by my word regarding Bless of Nature.

ninjamonke wrote:It sure did make you guys have multiple 20k+ might alts easily. Gear them with t1 and hit 23k-24k might. Pretty strong alts to have practically free. I mean I don't mind the gems but lot of people from Isen who were going for/still on level 5 gems did get pissed and left. Game's been losing population since the surge exploit anyways (about how they handled it).
Heard the latest AW was 50 erlandir vs 18 isens lol. Most people from Lokmea seems to had quitted before merge. What to happened to those guilds besides Divine and Legends? Never saw them.

There is no Legends anymore. All quitted except 3 or 4 that joined KoS. There isn't much online on KoS also. At most 10 or less online a day that are active and not afk/alts.

Again, only the gem are worth mentioning. For people who needs "20k+ might", the free gear can be obtained easily without the event. Fine fragment were already flooded on the market even before this event due to the online event (which you can easily get up to 500+ fine fragment in ONE DAY if you are dedicated) prior to server merge.
Crazie

Postby Vartonis » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:34 am

That was only one of the many erl's special reward events. There was also the time they were giving out free guild black gold to any erl's guilds that would even show up to an alignment war. Then you have the most recent, gm's spawning event bosses for erl's and the list goes on.

Oh crap.... just forgot this must be some sort of RP thing for some divine power lavishing riches onto the erl's. Shudder to think what sacrifices the erl's are presenting to the snail staff on top of that Aztec temple they got.
Playing SWTOR, where pvp doesn't consist of getting one shotted!
Vartonis

Next

Return to The Watering Hole