Text Size

The Watering Hole

[Important] Planned Server Merge

A mixing of minds and discussion of ideas between heroes of Montel.

[Important] Planned Server Merge

Postby snailgameusa » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 pm

Hey everyone,

We wanted to post this important announcement for everyone:

Next week Monday, September 22nd, the two BGO game servers will be merged into a single server.

We've published an article on our main website detailing some common questions about this change, and also giving some details about special events we'll be running to coincide with the merge.

Check it out, and post any questions (please check the article first before posting) you may have here, we'll make sure to check this thread to answer your questions.

Full story:
http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/170/

Snail Games USA
Forum Administrator
For support, contact support@snailgamesusa.com
www.blackgoldold.com
snailgameusa
Site Admin

Re: [Important] Planned Server Merge

Postby VisaFantastic » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 am

Well that 'eskalladed' quickly :lol:

Not sure how to feel about this to be honest. So much lag and server problems. 99,99% of the problems adressed here on the forum havent been fixed. Tons will be added for sure for the lokemea ppl since they are basicly getting flipped over to the more populated server.

Do it good just for once.

Give ppl the option again of where they want to play. Need more balance !!!!
How about the auction house? Everything not solld returns to owner?
There isnt realy a detailed list of what is going to happn, what needs to be done and a bunch of things will go wrong anyway.
VivaFnatic*
Server: Laggy*
Faction: Erlandir*
Guild: Remnant*
Level: 45*
Might: 31k+*
Class: Pyromancer*
VisaFantastic

Postby Thanatos7 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:09 am

Ehm about the same name and stuff. I am sure that someone named a character on Ellescadia Thanatos and he doesn't play why does my name have to be changed because its someone who doesn't play?the character is prolly lv1 or something aswell. So i would like my name as it is Snailgames find a way to do it i guess? Being the only Thanatos and i am being forced to change my name?That's a bad joke also now you are screwing us up even more? i am lv13 surge atm Now i have to deal with people that have lv17-20 surges just because Ellescadia abused it more than Lokemea, Amazing you guys are doing a great job and ruining it even more.

Isenhorst Side
LV45 Gunslinger

"The unseen lazer is the deadliest"~Thanatos
Thanatos7

Postby TresXD » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:46 am

I'm very hesitant at jumping for joy at this too. Lokemea as a community (both Isenhorst and Erlandir) has done a pretty good job at self regulating itself against bug abuse and such.

(As an example: The majority of longtime players on Lokemea are only Surge 11-13 depending on how much effort they put in. The highest and only one above 13 is at 15 because he bought orbs from other players. Compared to Ellescadia which has people ~18.)

This caused a pretty vast difference in power between the servers (not to mention most beta players who got the free vouchers were all on Ellescadia and have that major advantage over the Lokemea server to begin with).

To be honest even despite the player count the status quo on Lokemea is pretty damn alright imo.
TresXD

Postby Thanatos7 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Its just the huge difference between people getting 40k vouchers when they just started playing the game and the amazing exploits that weren't abused on Lokemea but they were abused on Ellescadia now you can add on that the surge level difference If they thought they're making it better they were wrong they're making it worse Dungeons are limited Worldbosses are limited,Its the funny fact that they really figured that they should do this now do you think this will help the older stupid mistakes Snail?Nah it will make it worse and it will make the game worse its like telling a lv30 player to kill a lv40 that's what you are doing right now But you know what?I don't give a damn about what you do i am already playing with 500+ Ping because you couldn't make an EU server Why? ONLY GOD KNOWS! Can't fix 3 Exploits in a row Why?ONLY GOD KNOWS once more,Merging 2 servers when they're heaven and earth difference in surge levels and gear and gems Why?ONLY GOD KNOWS! No wait... i guess we know this one because you are not even trying to think about your game,about players, about what your decision will make, maybe you should think about something called "consequences".Maybe the whole Snailgames office "The highly trained monkeys office" Everyone of them should make a character Log in the goddamn game on both servers look at the rankings Might,Level,Trial,Honor i guess too because it still gives stats?Also surge level maybe?99999 Crit resist and armor and magic resist? And then use their "HIGHLY RATED SKILLS" And judge if they can merge these 2 servers?Oh wait its too hard?Too hard to work on your game you don't care about right?Oh well Snail gonna Snail GoodGame Snail You win this one i am really AMAZED by this decision i am proud you reached the highest record of not giving a damn about your game

Isenhorst Side
LV45 Gunslinger

Thanatos7

Postby MrSquables » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Like a lot of people, I have some mixed feelings about this. It's good, because it brings the community together. However I have a feeling that it will not go without a hitch. Between pings and log in connection issues, I hope that it won't be a major issue.

I hope this server is stable enough to accept all players from both servers, and then some if you guys decide on advertising the game for more players.

@Thanatos; "After the merge, players who find their character name has changed can contact our support team or in-game GMs, and we’ll help get the name reset." I do not think your name change will be a big issue, if it does get changed.

As for the population of each server meeting the other, I feel that it will get very competitive and that is good for the community. It gives a reason for people to play and fight.

I just hope there aren't any slip ups.
MrSquables

Postby TresXD » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:18 pm

The competition thing is only true in a vacuum fact is its not the case for a lot of the reasons i stated above. There's a pretty massive gap between the tops on Ellescadia and the top's on Lokemea because of any number of factors despite the servers opening at same time.
TresXD

Postby fsilverio » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Cant wait for the merge, will finally bring more challenging fights for world bosses and energy well wars, and hopefully no more of that crappy multi-server pvp - even though it was a good attempt, it brought a lot of inconveniences, like logging out of your current server to pvp, not being able to change surge plan, not being able to recharge your chip, not being able to talk to your guild/alignment, not being able to gain the 25vs25 achievements on your original server, etc.

See you guys next week!
fsilverio

Postby Vector- » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 pm

Looks like KoS should have lots of fun ruling over a dead game.

- Kersten
- Kersten
Vector-

Postby Thanatos7 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:14 pm

@Shino I don't mind my name being changed IF there was an ACTUAL(Active) Thanatos playing Ellescadia And i know i will still get a free name change However i will not be able to get the exact same "Thanatos" as a name It will be Thanatos with capitalized letters or numbers or Symbols not the simplistic "Thanatos" only the T as the only Upper-case letter I don't mind it and its TOTALLY fine but Why? Why does it have to happen from the beginning when i am the only Thanatos this way i will have to change my name and i can't get the 500 BG Event since its someone who is non existent anymore. And its not an issue its just annoying for me atleast,And i am not sure what they really meant about name reset they are talking about the item or they will reset the name to the old name Anyways i do believe they're talking about the item since there might be 2 active people who still play with the same name so they can't make 'em both reseted to their original name so i think they're talking about the item and with how normal databases work or as far as i know about databases,Even if there is no one named Thanatos but someone was already named that you can not change your name to Thanatos even tho its not in use but it was already used before.

Isenhorst Side
LV45 Gunslinger

Thanatos7

Next

Return to The Watering Hole