Text Size

The Watering Hole

Wish List

A mixing of minds and discussion of ideas between heroes of Montel.

Re: Wish List

Postby 7403209 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:35 am

1. Please, for the love of all you believe in, make mobs drop more money. it makes no sense that level 40 MOBS only drop 30 copper.

2. Random stats on items sucks. It is really ridiculous as is. getting the right gems is a grind enough as it is so why make trying to get the right stats on your gear such a grind as well. Randomization is fine in game where gear drops like candy (Diablo, Borderlands) but not here

the biggest example of this is when "upgrading" the set of blue gear you get at level 40 the gear you get from the quests is great. Stats are spot on. However when you "upgrade" it the stats become random so it is not really a upgrade. to me the most frustrating part of the game is spending the resources to upgrade something that is actually a down grade

I had the materials to upgrade every piece of my blue gear and out of all the pieces, only 1 of them was an actual upgrade (stat wise I mean. sure it may have been a higher might score but what good is a higher might score if your performance actually goes down). it was only after wearing the entire set and adding and removing gems until I got what was needed to make the set a minor upgrade over the original pieces.

Postby RockNRogue » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:58 am

eu server.
RockNRogue

Postby Zaeiah » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Remove or increase the daily caps on valor/honor/guild merit.
Zaeiah

Postby Zaeiah » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:04 am

And make flags reset and be uncontested, or fair start (each side gets the 2 closest to their base - mid neutral) in Bloodfang Citadel. As well as make the carriers heal full upon new matches. Enemies always attack them down to 400 hp or less, and no one wants to waste points getting on them to just for them to die in one attack.
Zaeiah

Postby Zaeiah » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:02 am

Being able to run instances more than 2 times a day.

Seriously these caps ruin your game. You want us to farm to keep up with people buying black gold? Well we can't with all these caps. Game is broken and P2W right now.
Zaeiah

Postby Omidasu » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:07 pm

My Long Novella please don't hate me...

Hello... I'm new been playing for a couple of days now, I think this is my first impression. i like the concept story and theme "steam punk and avatar-ish world" combine plus the character art is great and your not force to choose/make a over cheesy, can i say this? (big head, big eyes, big boobs, small waist, large butts, "angelina jolie" face female characters) and that godly special boob slider :3

:D OK the world is beautiful great job developers. i have no complain in the character creation, it was fun making a character i think i made my first one for 2 hour i did disconnect a couple of times, for editing too much but it was all my fault taking too much time :)

After that entering the world didn't really make me Awe! at first log in the cut-scene made me uh! huh? what!(scratch head) maybe fix the sound and add some voice if possible that will make first timers see this as a bad cheap intro no bad intent to the maker just being honest... can i suggest make it a black and white comic strip type intro with great voice actor. its a lot cheaper and everyone skip on it anyway(don't lie) so it wont lag at the first loading.
here come the fun part tutorial... good and informative some sound effect glitch and not really great mech sound effect(gun sound) it doesn't feel waking inside a steam engine robot, the beast mount one is good avatar-ish ride sound effect is appropriate.

in game... uh truth i fell asleep... please remove the auto-run searching on quest make players explore play and feel the world. i think people will appreciate the world you made if you let them walk around and search. Ok! ok! some will say you can turn it off or you might get lost if you remove it. well change it and make it follow the arrow thing like that in tutorial make people work and search this world and feel the place... please don't feed every quest for them make players think, solve and explore maybe the lamest quest of pick and run would be fun if you encounter them by surprise. and it will develop player base guides to help them through the quest. it will make a new a community of player that explore and follow through the quest. it think its an overstretch for me to say this stuff, but it will attract more serious player to see that Black Gold serious in telling a story.

game controls umm... i love that they let you choose... people say it clunky yes true but cross hair mode is good. and easy to learn the other 2 are meh ill pass...
can i suggest make use of the right mouse more please.. like for magic user you can place your favorite spells on the right click button instead of smart cast and left click on normal attack, for warrior or melee type the right click can do a barrel roll or block for shield user, for range players the right click can be dash back move. sorry it sound like I'm making it an Action MMORPG but this game can be exiting if you can move around the screen avoid, cast, block and dodge more efficiently in the map using just one mouse click and its only an option to place moves/skills in the right mouse key. can you add walk/move pointer on the left mouse click too so we can easily move our characters around. :D

next Monsters AI is dumb :cry: please help! :? you need an overhaul more monsters on the screen doesn't make it harder or exiting, fewer and smarter monster place them on a specific key point make can the game awesome! because you have 10 or 20 dumb clone monster in one screen doesn't make it good. compare against " 5 smart one and one mini boss 1 one area" or "one smart one with multiple mini copy of the same monster" would be a challenge will make people run for their money. re-spawn is fast but its ok...

well about mounts please fix the motorcycle mount just make a couple more movements on the handle bars when turning can make the mount more realistic and not feel like your sitting on a 4x4 stick when turning... 8-) well the sound need some fix please oh! please...

I guess that it for now. ill be playing more and maybe I'm just nit picking. but this is just open-beta and have a lot of place for improvements, what i see is the truth, if you are concern of making this wonderful game a success it would be nice if you consider what i have written. to all who agree thanks and more power for this game. many more fans of the genre will join this game if they feel this is a world to enjoy not just a game.

thanks and more power
Omidasu
RPG games since 94 and online games since 2002 Ragnarok,Rose,MU,Vindictus,Lineage2,Tera,DCUO,C9,PSO2,RustyHearts,Dragonest,Atlantica and tried more RPG you could possibly imagine some of these are dead and dying now i feel bad i gave a lot of time and money on some of those games.
Omidasu

Postby pussilicious » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:34 am

LOL i can't log on even when i logged on nothing appears only me..has the server gone mad or is it maintenance time today?
pussilicious

Postby Prof_Hogwash » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:00 am

Hey pussilicious,

I think there might be a problem on your end, no maintenance today and everything is working fine. Try restarting the client, and if the problem persists contact Support at support@snailgamesusa.com
Professor Hogwash

The erudite scholar with your answers to the land of Montel. And he's a CM.

Prof_Hogwash

Postby pussilicious » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:12 am

i did a few times and i can't log on beyond the character selection...everything else on me comp worked fine. ....i repaired the client as well..it was fine the first 15 munites i logged on the unexpected disconnect from the game...i log back again that's when funny things started happening
pussilicious

Postby Draxton » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:41 pm

pussilicious I hope things got fixed for you by now.
--------------------------------------------------

As for other things I would like to see:
Guild Management window: To allow for naming ranks for members
Guild Management window: To allow for seeing if a member has been in other guilds and if they left on their own or were kicked.
Guild Management window: To allow for officer and member notes (for my guild would be nice to see who's who in Team Speak via the notes.)
Guild Management window: Deposite and withdraw of Regular Gold & permissions for certain ranks

In game mechanic: Ability to redesign character look in game
In game mechanic: Cross server teaming for instances & dungeons
In game mechanic: Summoning Stones (to summon party members in open world.)
In game mechanic: Player personal venders to sell items for regular gold.
In game mechanic: Guild Hall a special instance for guildies to go to to meet, buy stuff set up personal venders etc.
In game mechanic: Guild Hall Wars (ability to design and build a guild hall able to be captured in PVP events)

Thats all I have for now.
Draxton

PreviousNext

Return to The Watering Hole