Text Size

The Watering Hole

Favorite Race

A mixing of minds and discussion of ideas between heroes of Montel.

Re: Favorite Race

Postby jessetrevor » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:34 am

where are people seeing these vampire characters? i cant even find a picture of what it looks like.
jessetrevor

Postby Scherzo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:55 pm

jessetrevor: There are actually two "upcoming races", the Upyrian & Aurek* races. The Upyrian is the vampire-like one which are aligned with the Isenhorst.

They're found on the Black Gold main website**(just gotta scroll down a bit). :lol:

*: Link > http://imgur.com/yH7CQ5J
**: Link > http://bg.snailgame.com/
Scherzo

Postby MrSquables » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Yes. The Upyrian are vampires and the Aurek are shape-shifters.
MrSquables

Postby Scherzo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:03 pm

I've gotta say, do you think the "Shapeshifting" aspect of the Aurek will affect gameplay significantly? It sounds like an awesome mix between Beastmasters and practically any other class playable by the Erlandian faction. If so, I'll probably be switching over to the Aureks! How cool would it be to shapeshift into a Steampunk Bear while mauling your enemies to death. :o
Scherzo

Postby MrSquables » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Yeah i don't think that Snail is going to make Aureks have a special dominance over any other class in pvp. If anything I think it will be purely cosmetic.

Also, I don't care either way. As long as I get to change actually shape shift into various animals I'm okay. I've been wanting to play Aurek since Alpha. I'm super disappointed that they didn't add them in yet ;~;
MrSquables

Postby windsea » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:36 am

the female Dwarves are my current favorite until i get to see the last two.
windsea

Postby Caitmonster » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 am

I wanna know more about the Aureks personally (had intended on making one my main...), but for now I'm content with Yutonians.

Dwarves are kinda neat, though. I made my geomancer a grizzly old-looking dwarf. C:
Caitmonster

Postby Slayus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:49 am

Will probably end up going Upyrian Assassin :P

Have always leaned towards stealth classes and I've been a fan of vampires and their lore forever. Plus, stalking in the shadows fits vampires too well :D

For Open Beta I will probably try out a spell caster class just so I don't burn out on Assassin before official release.
Click HERE to watch me play LIVE!
Facebook | Twitter
Slayus

Postby Reaper the Montel » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:21 am

hmm,it's hard to choose, but I like steam punk more than the nature side. I also prefer human like race than cat like race :D . So YUTONIAN.
Reaper the Montel

Postby Dwarfurious » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Dwarf of course of course. Looks like no love for the classics here. Hate what they did with the female "dwarves" but looks like you anime/sexify something and people will suddenly like it.
Dwarfurious

PreviousNext

Return to The Watering Hole