Text Size

Classificorium

Classes and Roles: What's your build?

Discuss and learn all about the classes and their special abilities here!

Classes and Roles: What's your build?

Postby snailgameusa » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Our Devs took a few minutes from their busy day to talk about the specifics of the BGO Class and Role system.

Black Gold Online has 12 classes currently, and more to come! Each class is different, with unique abilities, gear, and Roles they can play in Instances. Some classes can Tank, while others are better at Support, and some are designated Healers. For the BGO class system, the Devs tried to develop classes that could mix and match these roles, filling different jobs depending on their gear, skills, stats, and play style.

Check out the full article here: http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/126/

We've had some great discussions about classes so far. We know you all love to talk up or bash some classes, and we'd love to hear more! We'd like to hear about the makes of your favorite character:

What gear do you use?

What stats do you focus on?

What kinds of gems and enhancements do you favor?

What roles do you play, and which skills do you find most useful for that?

Tell us more about your class, and help us build the detailed knowledge of each class's strengths, gear etc. at the official Black Gold Online Wiki: http://blackgoldonline.gamepedia.com/Black_Gold_Online_Wiki

Snail Games USA
Forum Administrator
For support, contact support@snailgamesusa.com
www.blackgoldold.com
snailgameusa
Site Admin

Re: Classes and Roles: What's your build?

Postby Yukkimura » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:11 pm

What gear do you use?

This is quite simple and I am quite sure everyone will have the same answer. That is the level 40 upgradeable set that everyone receives from their level 40 sub-plot quest in Dilanda town in Theodia.

Currently as a Skycaller I focus on Intelligence, Critical Power and Critical Hit Rate.

As mentioned above I favor gems that boost my Intelligence, Critical Power and Critical Hit Rate.

As I am a PvP player, my Skycaller fills variety of roles. From simple damage dealing (Wind Spear is a blessing), crowd control (all the freezing skills, Water Dungeon in particular) to supporting my allies (Wind Shield 30% damage absorption and ability to knock enemies down when casted while under Calmness buff effect is priceless).
Last edited by Yukkimura on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yukkimura
Champion of Lokemea

Postby Grundi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 am

What gear do you use?

I'm using 40lvl upgradeable gear and valor merchant accs on my Skycaller.

I'm focusing on Intelligence,constitution and hit rate stats on Skycaller as i'm DPS

I got constitution and intelligence enhancements and with gems i got Intelligence,constitution and hit rate.

I play DPS role I am almost always the top DPSer in instances. In Pvp i like to have all those freezing skills around. You just can kite your enemies to death :D
Download help
Professor Hogwash profile(Spam his inbox:P)
Forum Rules
Technical support forum

THIS GAME IS FREE TO PLAY
--------------------------------
Characters:
Ishi - Skycaller
Grondi - Beastmaster
Hoxi - Occultist
Grundi

Postby Mathematics » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:11 pm

What gear do you use?
Lvl 40 upgradeable gear -Pyromancer

Intellect, crit

Intellect, crit

What roles do you play, and which skills do you find most useful for that?=
Don't really have a roll?

PVP
Mostly Arena

Although most of pyromancers skills in my opinion are PVE orientated there's a few that can work in pvp but even so sometimes its not helpfull

Standard build against Melee Classes

Bolt spear, Fireball, Neuroblast, Incineration, Flicker, Shockwave

Against Ranged Classes except(for geomancers i take out Shockwave/Fulminate for Invigoration because it might be a lengthy fight and I tend to run of mana before I can get the proper cc train and kill them)

Bolt spear, Fireball, Neuroblast, Ion Beam, Fulminate/Shockwave, Flicker

Although I went up to 1390 rating as a pyro it feels has if the class could have been so much better for pvp. Some of these abilities have cast time which is rather painful ( Fireball, Fulminate, Incineration, Shockwave and Ion beam's animation delay...)

I think reducing the cast time or removing the cast time would be best. Although Im not sure of the name of the spells but for certain caster they have instant CC spells which is so much better than out CC spells even ( easier to use and less limited). Fireball is a core spell in my build but fighting against an assassin with using fireball is rather painful..

I'm not asking for more CC abilities but just make the ones we have better

I understood from the website about classes that pyro's focus mainly on damage with Little control which would be fine If the class actually had noticeable damage. My gear is probably too crap at this point but in balanced arena pyromancer's damage are easily out shined by Skycallers (tornado basically 1 shoting you and its extremly hard to avoid since the skycaller's speed is buff while it active) and even Thaumaturges who is damage over time.

I thought pyromancers were suppose to be the highest damage dealing caster range class which is why our control is so low when compared to a skycaller with almost every spell available to them can CC a target yet they seem to do more damage than us in Balanced arena

I have plenty more to say especially about Spectromancers in pvp but i'll leave it at that...hope it isn't too long
Mathematics

Postby Geocheri » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:57 pm

(Level 40 Geomancer)

What gear do you use?

Adventurers Cloth Set (until upgrade to Pilgrim's set)
Undead Lost Set (accessories from Valor Merchant)
Black Soul Staff (but I'm going to change to Wand and Magic Bottle)

Constitution, Spirit

Purple and Blue gems (Constitution and Spirit). Same with enhancements.

Healer

Most useful skills:
Nature's Grace, Nourish, Nature's Protection. Tranquility also but I only use it if it's really needed cause the CD is longer and it takes a good amount of MP.
Geocheri

Postby Rinat000 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Some classes can Tank, while others are better at Support, and some are designated Healers. For the BGO class system,
Rinat000

Return to Classificorium