Text Size

Classificorium

Spellsword weak in pvp? What is your opinion?

Discuss and learn all about the classes and their special abilities here!

Spellsword weak in pvp? What is your opinion?

Postby ArchAngel96 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:34 am

Alright I am just going to get to the point, why is it that spellswords are weak in pvp. I started to play the one versus one area and haven't been able to win a fight. Now I only fought two fights before I decided to try the ten versus ten area to see if the spellsword really was weak. Well at least to me, I feel like the spellsword lacks in pvp.
I fought a geomancer first and was kited( yes I know they are op in pvp), then I fought a punisher and was destroyed. She stuned me and kept me off my feet before I could do anything. Now what I got out of that was this, spellsword needs to have a longer stun or more stuns, as well as a way to close the distance to range then just one ability. I know you have magic but you aren't just have magician.
Now in the ten versus ten I had a bit better time, but since had to fight in a group and pick of people for kills. I did duel a gunslinger which I was able to win that fight but I feel like if a gunslinger is the only thing I can kill why even try to pvp with a spellsword. I am not trying to make a bad name for this class. I really like this class and like the idea, and as I mentioned before it is great in pve, just lacks in pvp. I may be wrong, their might be spellswords out there who can win those fights and dominate the battlefield. I would like to know what everyone else's opinion is about the spellsword. Those of you who have one and have fought with or against one, let me know what you think
ArchAngel96

Re: Spellsword weak in pvp? What is your opinion?

Postby Exiledtyrant » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:25 pm

I made a spell sword alt a little while ago to read up on the abilities. it looks to be a pretty versatile class where fire and fire spells push the offensive and ice + ice spells allow you to go immediately defensive.

If you are having trouble with spell sword just starting out i would think it's because you don't get enough options between fire and ice till around 40 from what I've looked at. Lower level pvp is almost never balanced as each class is designed with their own power curve in mind. For instance if you don't have an answer for healing early on your fights vs healers will most likely be a nightmare till around 40. Level 40 seems to be a good bench mark for where most classes get enough skill variance to make a difference.

I would also like to point out that hybrids are notoriously a slow start up affair. Someone who is trying to balance melee and magic will more than likely be made less effective than a pure class until much later where they have items with proper split sets and more than a handful of skills. Spells swords look to be late bloomers. Once I get 3 more levels on my conjurer to look at my ultimate demon I'm definitely going to take a spell sword for a spin. It looks to need a delicate balance between offense and defense decision making to be truly effective.
Exiledtyrant

Re: Spellsword weak in pvp? What is your opinion?

Postby 39335062 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Spell sword week was going to start at this week you have to send your opinion regard this that it was useful or not. If you need to send your opinion you can write this on best research paper writing services they will publish this on the site after checking the spam on this.

Return to Classificorium