Text Size

Guild Recruitment

The Art of Warfare | Ellescadia server

Find the guild of your dreams and recruit your next champion.

Re: The Art of Warfare | Ellescadia server

Postby USNnuke » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:05 am

Get ready for the new update by joining us. I don't think you will be able to get far with out the help of a guild. Whats better then being able to have toons on both sides in the same gameing community any way.
USNnuke

Postby Draxton » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:56 am

USNnuke wrote:Get ready for the new update by joining us. I don't think you will be able to get far with out the help of a guild. Whats better then being able to have toons on both sides in the same gameing community any way.

Having geared toons on both sides :D! But seriously this game is amazing, and is a shame to see people joining a LARGE guild due to its numbers when they are mostly inactive. I think that inactive toons should be cleaned out at least every 7-14 days.. That's what we manually do at least.

More events and fun times ahead.
Draxton

Postby GrayeRaven » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:32 am

Hey everyone, if you are looking for a guild that is actively; and I do mean active at almost ALL hours; A fun environment for everyone, no hate, no banter, completely dedicated to the game and helping others like a family more so than just a group; or even military friends / organizing and animate about getting the best in every aspect of the game, but not all-about-themselves.

TAW is defiantly the place for you. For EVERYONE! :D

I, personally, feel right at home; and I'm a bit picky about who I roam with...and a little bit of an oddball. - TAW is respectful, honorable, welcoming and hilarious full community, spread all across many games. Our Black Gold group is no exception to all of these attributes. So, seriously, join us in our cavalry of shenanigans, grinding, and preparing for more Black Gold Events (AND the new Update / LvlCap Raise) and much more!

PvP, PvE, TS required,Mic Required, No LvL Required (Other than the lvl10 requirement to join a guild via th egame itself), Weekly EVENTs/Practices, We will personally teach anything that you need to learn [Even spell rotations] and much more!

:::Too Long Didn't Read?:::

TAW is an amazing, funny, dedicated, military supporting, family-friendly, organized, serious but, not-too-serious and awesome guild. What are you waiting for? Join us! We want you (and your friends) for TAW! :D
GrayeRaven

Postby MMOAnch » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:43 am

I wish it was easier to spread the word about how great the TAW experience is... so many people are missing out on joining a guild they would really enjoy either because of misconceptions or a lack of information.

Being a TAW member is amazing! Of course I get to regularly interact with the other Black Gold TAW members for regular content, social communication, and fun guild sponsored events. That pretty much happens in every guild.

What makes TAW special however is that as a TAW member I can go download any game that has a TAW branch in it, pop into the TAW ts, move myself over into that game's chat room and announce myself and suddenly people who I had never seen before and had no clue of my existence two seconds before will treat me like a best friend or sibling. Many times this has happened where members from other game branches of TAW would pop into our game teamspeak channel asking about the game or joining us in-game, and it is the same in every TAW branch. Once you're a member of TAW you're considered part of our family and treated with the respect a valued family member deserves.

Before anyone claims that is just hype, I have in fact had that very experience recently. I usually play MMO's as a healer type, but recently I picked up a FPS game and popped into that game's channel room on our TAW teamspeak. Instantly I was welcomed warmly and when some of them were setting up a squad I was asked if I wanted to join and brought along. Several people added me to their friend lists, and I've been invited to many groups to play along. I did not have to beg or plead, all I had to do was join their channel and because I was a TAW member they treated me like family even though we were strangers, the same as our local Black Gold TAW members do.

Having said why I love being a member of TAW, I want to try clearing up a misconception that I have heard many times. "I'm just not comfortable with the idea of a guild being on both factions. It makes me feel like TAW is spying against one side by having guilds on both sides, or is throwing fights to make one side win." That right there never happens, never is going to happen. Let me explain myself on that point by detailing why we are on both sides, and why that is actually beneficial to both of the factions, and truly useful for players considering joining our guild.

The reasons that TAW has formed a face on both the Erlandir and Isenhorst factions for the Ellescadia server are as follows. First, by being on both sides our members can play based on their own personal preference of race without restrictions of just one side. Second, by being on both sides any of our members who have characters for both can switch as needed to make fights more even and enjoyable for everyone. Third, our presence universally on the server allows us to be a focal point for players and guilds on both sides to join together in events which opens up the possibility for true server unity and larger participation possibilities. Fourth, being on both factions allows us to setup training scrimmages, wherein our own members (and any other individuals or guilds who wish to join us during these scrimmages) join together for PvP scenarios; this then lets us test out strategies and just plain have fun fighting each other without having to worry about one side steamrolling and not letting up or being unable to have fun.

So that is why we are on both factions, now I will explain the steps we have taken to prevent the worries about spying or unfair play. During major PvP events the two TAW factions are not both present in the same channel. We have dedicated chat rooms for both PvE and PvP content for each faction, and during faction wars each guild branch moves off to their own respective rooms so no one on either side can hear what the other is doing. Neither side has orders to go easy on the other or to toss fights.

Going into the faction wars I know full well that the person I was healing for on my character on one faction may very well kill me repeatedly now that I am healing in the faction war on my character for the opposite side. But that is part of the fun. After the fact there are no hard feelings and congratulations to the winning side are given heartily even while teasing and tales of our battle exploits are told.

At the end of the day, we here at TAW are a family and I hope to see that family only grow in the weeks to come. I strongly encourage anyone interested in becoming a member of our family to speak to one of our members for more information about our guild, as even the best guilds are not quite the right fit for everyone.

I, personally, would love to speak to anyone curious about our guild's policies and restrictions so that you can better decide for yourself whether you feel that TAW would be the right fit for you. My contact information in-game is in my signature, and as long as I am not afk (to regain crafting stamina) or already busy with healing a party (in which case I will explain that and get back to you as quickly afterward as I can) I will always be available for any questions or concerns other players may have about either the game as a whole, or TAW in particular.
Member of The Art of Warfare
Character list on Ellescadia:
Anchia - Occultist of Erlandir for the guild -TAW-
Anchorr - Geomancer of Isenhorst for the guild TAW
MMOAnch

Postby Peanut » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:54 am

Wow MMO,

After reading all of that I honestly want to re-roll on Ellescadia server to join you all. Right now however I am on Lok and kind of regret it at the moment due to the lack of interest over there for Erlandir side. Seems no one is ever playing and Isenhorst is overwhelming at times without a guild to run with. I have a few 40s and if transfer come soon i may consider it.

I noticed from your website you all seem to be militaristic in your structure and ranks. I really like that as a veteran myself, and I can really get into the militaristic side of things. Also from what I have read and noticed on your roster you have currently just over 30 members.

Sometimes structure is needed and If you all consider coming to LOK let me know.

until then I look forward to fighting along side all of you after the update tomorrow.
Peanut

Postby Draxton » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Peanut,

Unfortunately we wont be changing servers any time soon, but would encourage joining up with us should you decide to make a character on Ellescadia. With the major update tonight, I am hoping more players will come to the game to enjoy its greatness. Either way We also look forward to meeting you and others on the battlefield.
Draxton

Postby TAW_Konscious » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Sorry Peanut!

We aren't changing, as much as we'd love to see more great members, we have our roots planted on Ellescadia and we are here to stay!
TAW_Konscious

Postby Draxton » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Hell of an alignment war tonight. Both factions did their part but Erlandir as a whole came out on top. Grats to all involved, and the Healers all stood their grounds keeping everyone alive.

As our numbers grow so does our rep in game.

Next up Energy Well wars this week
Draxton

Postby Konscious » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:48 am

Got together this Saturday and took a bunch of guild pictures together!

Looking forward to another game of "hide and go smash" soon!
Konscious

Postby Cenamderi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:10 am

Hey peanut hit us up with a pm or mail me in game Cenamhealer i am going to be rolling some new classes from level 1 up so if you fancy coming over you will have a leveling partner if it helps :)
Cenamderi

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Recruitment