Text Size

Official Announcements

Open Beta Test Begins June 20th

The latest official news and updates from the folks at Snail Games

Open Beta Test Begins June 20th

Postby snailgameusa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Hello all you heroes of steam and sorcery,

Black Gold Online is well on it's way to release, and we're excited for fans to get back into the game in the upcoming BGO Open Beta Test!

Don't miss out on the upcoming Black Gold Online Open Beta Test that goes live this
June 20th at 2:00pm, Pacific Daylight Time.

Get the whole story about the OBT here: http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/95/gamenews

The Download for the BGO Client is now available. We have a special in-house Downloader to ensure a smooth and problem free download.

Those who have already got the client can download the newest patches on their own, or simply open the BGO Game Client to automatically update the game! Find out more here:
http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/97/gamenews

Keep up here on the Forums for more info, and we'll see you in the game!

Snail Games USA
Forum Administrator
For support, contact support@snailgamesusa.com
www.blackgoldold.com
snailgameusa
Site Admin

Re: Open Beta Test Begins June 20th

Postby Tenisyn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Any ideas how the end of beta is going to play out? Will there be a total reset or is this open beta going to function as a soft launch?
Tenisyn

Postby elgenkabol » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:43 pm

They have said that there will is not a intended wipe from open beta to release. So you keep what you make right now.

One thing that may change is that right now the classes are not faction specific as intended at release. So you may be able to create certain classes/faction combo's and keep them now. But you might not be able to one create after release when both sides get a new race and more classes added. For example you can make a steam punk beast master but you may not be able to make one once the game leaves open beta.
elgenkabol

Postby jessetrevor » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:55 am

is anybody else here finding the amount of people here a little disturbing? (lack of people really). i mean, this is supposed to be OB, but the forums are literally a ghost town...
jessetrevor

Postby Lili_Birchflower » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:06 pm

Will all six races be open for the beta? I was just in character creation and was disappointed to find only two from each faction (as was in CBT).
The Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/
Lili_Birchflower

Postby elgenkabol » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Jesset knowledge is power and some of the larger guilds are using it as such for a tactical advantage going into open beta. A lot of the beta users are still active but they use their guild channels to communicate instead of the forums. I can't blame them as it's a easy way for them to gain more players without giving out info to player that may be their enemy's in game.

Lili there I don't think we will get the extra races for both sides till after open beta when we get a bunch of new classes as well. And yes I want my shapeshifter and I want him now :cry: .
elgenkabol

Postby Lili_Birchflower » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:41 am

[quote]elgenkabol » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Lili there I don't think we will get the extra races for both sides till after open beta when we get a bunch of new classes as well. And yes I want my shapeshifter and I want him now :cry: .
elgenkabol

I had an answer by one of the devs on Facebook. The other races - as well as new classes and maps! - will be available after release.

Must say, the devs and CMs of this game are some of THE best I have ever worked with or experienced!
The Royal Black Watch
Lili_Birchflower

Postby Lili_Birchflower » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:42 am

elgenkabol » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:27 pm

elgenkabol

I had an answer by one of the devs on Facebook. The other races - as well as new classes and maps! - will be available after release.

Must say, the devs and CMs of this game are some of THE best I have ever worked with or experienced!
The Royal Black Watch
Lili_Birchflower

Postby 7273985 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:16 am

How long to start..? Im from the Czech Rep.. and here is 18:15 pm.. Pls tell me how long :)

Postby Khaotix » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:54 am

I am wondering if anyone has official news on what the cap will be for OBT? :) I'd like to try to cap at least one character before it raises. lol
Khaotix

Next

Return to Official Announcements